Flat Shoes for Women - Ladies Shoes that Will Open Eyes


How flat shoes rose to the top for me
Gorgeous flats by designers like the Steve Madden and Juicy Couture brand made me a convert.

We all love high heels – few things feel more empowering, sexy, dramatic, and expressive than slipping on a pair of high heels for an event, dinner, or whatever. Who has time for Madden Boots? So it may come as a shock to you to hear that more and more women are discovering, and rediscovering flat shoes as an option for daily wear. Designers have started stepping up to the plate when it comes to style and comfort, and we’re starting to notice as we peruse the fashion magazines to the gossip rags, and especially while shopping.

What has really pushed flat shoes back to the forefront? There was a time when it meant that we were starting to tire from, or –gasp – becoming too old to have heels on all the time. And perhaps some of us still feel that way. But look at what designers from Tory Burch to Marc Jacobs are coming up with, and it’ll be harder to deny that flat shoes are entering a renaissance. From ballet flats to loafers, they’re no longer a more comfortable alternative, but a fashionable alternative when high heels are just not practical to wear.

Some of my favorite flat shoes for women are being designed by my favorite shoe designers overall – Steve Madden. His bold, colorful designs captured my attention since the very beginning, and I think many of my formative, life changing adult experiences have happened when I was wearing a pair of his shoes. So it was no leap for me to try out some Steve Madden flats, like the Kobraa Black Snake, which is my favorite for when I need to look good at the office, and be ready for an impromptu night out.

Steve Madden ballet flats like the P-Jack Natural Snakeskin are just irresistible when you want to catch the eye of someone – whether it’s for admiration or envy. The understated shape of the ballet flat, combined with the snakeskin printed leather creates and eye-catching balance of flamboyance and classic design, while feeling incredibly comfortable to wear. You may not be getting on your toes in these (though you can if you want), but you’ll feel a cut above everyone nevertheless.

When I want to be carded at a bar or club (just a personal ego thing), I love wearing my Juicy Couture. Always colorful, always fresh and casual, and incredibly comfortable, I rarely go through a weekend without wearing something from Juicy. I just added some Juicy Couture flats to my wardrobe, the Edith Silver Nappa with Gold Buckle – which is every bit the Juicy I want in a ballet flat. Shiny, pretty, and amazing with everything from a cocktail dress to a pair of dark blue jeans, these are some of the best flat shoes for women I have ever invested in.

If you still don’t believe that a flat shoe will do it for you, I urge you to go to your nearest online shoe store and try some on. You’ll find that they’re every bit as comfortable and easy to walk in, and you’ll be surprised by the many variations and styles being produced by your favorite designers. Take a look online too – there are plenty of great stores like my old standby Jildor that have an incredible selection for you to look through. I’m pretty sure that it won’t be long before you’re spending more time with some gorgeous flats for your day-to-day life.